Migrant Workers and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) Benefits
Recorded on September 21, 2015 - This webinar is for migrant workers (temporary foreign workers and non-status people), their allies, community organizations and community legal clinics. The webinar explains:
- the basics of workers’ compensation in Ontario
- the particular rules that apply to migrant workers
- what migrant workers should do if they have been injured on the job
- the barriers migrant workers face in accessing workers compensation and strategies for overcoming them.
- How to get involved with organizing to improve access for all
Jessica Ponting is a migrant and injured workers rights activist. She volunteers with Justicia for Migrant Workers, which is a volunteer-driven collective, committed to organizing with and for migrant workers – irrespective of their status in Canada. In her role as a community legal worker at Industrial Accident Victims Group (IAVGO), she does casework with a focus on migrant and precarious workers and organizes with Injured Workers Action for Justice, a community group made up of injured workers in the GTA.
Please note: Our videos are embedded on Vimeo and are best played using Firefox, Safari or Chrome.