Immigration and Refugee Law – Refugees
Refugees entering from US and Safe Third Country: FAQ
The Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) has prepared some Frequently Asked Questions about refugee claimants arriving from the U.S.
The questions include:
- Why are there more people crossing from US into Canada to make refugee claims?
- Why do people cross irregularly?
- What is the Safe Third Country Agreement?
- Why is the US not safe for refugees?
- What happens to refugee claimants who cross irregularly?
- What are the security concerns when refugee claimants cross irregularly?