News & Events
Most Visited Content in 2014
In 2014, more than 500,000 visitors turned to Your Legal Rights for legal information, news about the law and access to justice, training webinars for community workers, and key legal and social services in Ontario. Listed below are our “top 5” in some of these categories. We look forward to helping you in 2015 and we wish you all a safe, just and happy New Year.
- New Ontario Works / Ontario Disability Support Program Rates Sheet - Sept. / Oct. 2014
- Sexting: Considerations for Canadian youth
- CPP benefits: Are you entitled? Separated? Divorced?
- I need to move with my spouse or child: Can I get Employment Insurance benefits?
- What are the differences between married and common-law spouses when it comes to the matrimonial home and other property?
- I need legal help, but have limited income and can't afford a lawyer. What can I do?
- What rights do workers have in relation to public holidays?
- What do I need to do to get my Record of Employment (ROE)?
- What are the rules about rent increases in Ontario?
- I rent my basement to a tenant who has overnight visitors almost daily. This is my property and I do not know who is coming and going. What right do they have to visitors, how frequently and how long they can stay?