News & Events
March 21-22, 2013: Workplace Inclusion Conference
From Counting People to Making People Count: Workplace Inclusion Conference - Rescheduled for March 21-22, 2013
Non-profit and public sector organizations face challenges as they try to comply with equity-related legislation, respond to the changing demographics, and create inclusive and effective organizations -- all within fiscal constraints. This conference will help further equity and inclusion practice for non-profit and public sector organizations. It will provide an excellent opportunity for senior managers, line managers, human resource staff, and Diversity Officers to receive important training from experts in the field, learn from each other, and learn from organizations that have successfully implemented various diversity initiatives.
Participants are able to choose from a number of concurrent sessions according to their interest and needs. Workshops include the following:
- Creating an Inclusive Organizational Culture
- Anti-Oppression Practice for Community Service Organizations
- Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Prevention for Managers
- Creating LGBTQ Positive Spaces in Organizations
- Protecting Workers from Domestic Violence
- Mastering Aboriginal Inclusion: Creating Workplaces of Choice for Aboriginal Talent
- New Responsibilities for Workplace Safety: What Managers Need to Know
- Inclusive Leadership
- Bias-Free Hiring and Selection
- Becoming an Ally for Positive Social Change
- Building Bridges: Making Multi-Generational Workplaces Work
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act: What Employers Need to Know
- Mental Health and Racism in the Workplace
- Recognizing and Understanding Micro-Aggression in the Workplace
New dates: Thursday and Friday, March 21 & 22, 2013
Time 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
New location - Central YMCA, 20 Grosvenor Street, Toronto
Was this helpful?