News & Events
June 18: Day of Action Against Cuts to Health Care for Refugees
All are invited to join a Day of Action taking place in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and other cities across Canada to protest the cuts to health care for refugees.
On June 30th, 2012, refugees will face drastic cuts to their health insurance. Children will no longer be able to get their asthma medications. Diabetics will no longer be able to take their insulin. Many refugees will no longer have access to health care.
Join your colleagues across Canada at a National Day of Action on June 18. Risking the lives of Canada's most vulnerable is unacceptable to us.
Join the following in opposing these cuts:
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Association of Optometrists
- Canadian Association of Social Workers
- Canadian Dental Association
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Canadian Association of Community Health Centre
Although the perspective of front-line health care workers will be highlighted in this action, all are welcome to come and show their opposition to the cuts. All health care workers should wear a lab coat or greens.
Date Monday, June 18, 2012
Time 1 p.m.
Place Toronto location: Regional office, Citizenship & Immigration Canada, 25 St. Clair St. East
Email Please RSVP to Docs4refugeeHC@gmail.com