News & Events
Budget 2012: What it Means for People on OW and ODSP
Now that the dust has settled after the 2012 Ontario Budget, we've updated our analysis of how the budget will affect people on Ontario Works (OW) and the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP). We have done more research and analysis into both the budget announcements and their impact. In addition, the budget has changed due to negotiations with the NDP.
This document reviews and analyses the impact of these decisions made in the budget:
1. OW and ODSP Rates: 1% increase
2. Ontario Child Benefit implementation delayed
3. Community Start-Up and Maintenance Benefit (CSUMB) ends Jan 2013
4. Home Repairs Benefit ends Jan 2013
5. Cap on health-related discretionary benefits for OW and ODSP
6. Move toward integrating employment supports under Employment Ontario
7. Centralizing collection of outstanding debts
Was this helpful?