News & Events
Family Court Support Worker program for victims of domestic violence now available province-wide
A program that helps victims of domestic violence navigate the court system is now available in all court districts across the province.
The Family Court Support Worker program keeps victims of domestic violence informed and protected throughout the family court process by:
- explaining the family court process
- working with victims to document the history of abuse for the court
- referring victims to specialized services and supports in the community
- helping with safety planning related to court appearances
- accompanying victims to court proceedings.
The program is part of the McGuinty government's family law reform strategy to make the family justice system more straightforward, focused and affordable, and to provide accessible and consistent family justice services for all Ontarians.