News & Events
Project promotes awareness of violence against women with intellectual disabilities
The following is taken from a flyer produced by Springtide Resources:
Developed in partnership with the Family Service Association of Toronto, this project promotes awareness about violence and abuse against women living with intellectual disabilities and access to services for women with intellectual disabilities.
Free workshops are available for staff and managers to look at ways to enhance existing services. Workshops are tailored to the needs and interests of your agency. They are available in half-day, or one-day formats.
The workshops provide information about:
• Domestic violence, sexual assault, caregiver or personal attendant abuse, neglect and exploitation
• Barriers to seeking help or reporting the violence
• Supporting women who have experienced violence
• Developing inclusive services
• Making change at a broader level
This workshop also explores building links between VAW services and agencies supporting women with intellectual disabilities.
For more information please contact:
Lorna Renooy, Project Coordinator
Breaking New Ground, Springtide Resources
Telephone: (416) 968-3422 x. 25
Funding provided by the Government of Ontario