Get legal advice right away. You need legal advice about criminal law and immigration law. Even someone who is a permanent resident can lose their status and be removed from Canada if they are convicted of a crime that is considered "serious." More
Your partner might threaten to have you deported from Canada if you report their abuse or if you leave them. Deported from Canada means being forced to leave the country. Your partner does not have the right to have you deported. Only federal... More