A Power of Attorney is a legal document in which you give another person the power to make certain decisions for you or take certain actions for you. In Ontario, there are two main kinds. One is the Power of Attorney for Personal Care. This lets... More
The home care Bill of Rights says that you have the right to raise concerns or recommend changes. No one is allowed to take any action against you because you complain about a Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) or an agency that provides home care... More
Yes, first your mother can try to get the decision changed by following the CCAC's complaints process. Every CCAC is required by law to have one. Start by asking the case manager for a written explanation of their decision and a copy of the... More